Information about departments
Department of Engineering Industry and Construction
Klaipėda Vocational Training Centre of Ernestas Galvanauskas opens great opportunities for those seeking the acquisition of promising and marketable specialities in the labour market:
- Computer Equipment Adjuster
- Building Material Sales Assistant-Consultant
- Furniture Maker
- Decorator (Builder)
- Building Restorer
- Building Insulator
Department of Continuous Vocational Training
Considering the needs of employers and students continuous vocational training is performed constantly in the centre.
There are possibilities for students to combine work and studies. They can study in the form of apprenticeship at their own place of work and receive qualification and competences needed.
You can acquire:
- professional qualifications;
- additional professional qualifications;
- competences needed for the performance of a certain job or function.
Practical training is performed in the training centre and in the workplace.
Students aiming to acquire profession and basic or secondary education at the 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades of the Gymnasium Department are learning subjects according to secondary education programme i.e. Lithuanian language and literature, mathematics, chemistry, physics, history, geography, foreign languages, general physical training, ethics and vocational subjects. Having passed school/state exams and successfully finished 3rd and 4th grade programmes of the Gymnasium students acquire secondary education and receive a General Certificate of Secondary Education. Students having passed the testing of basic education achievements and successfully finished the 2nd grade of the Gymnasium receive the Certificate of Basic Education.
During the third year of study students are taught only those subjects that are related to the chosen profession, they acquire practical skills in various companies of Klaipėda city, republic or foreign companies, pass personal competence evaluation exams and acquire a vocational diploma. Learning at the Gymnasium Department of our training centre is acceptable for those students who have a clear aim in their life to acquire a specific profession and continue their studies in colleges.
Transport department offers:
- All category driver training: A, B, C, D1, D, BE, CE, DE, D1E and skills development, code 95 professional driver training.
- ADR A1, A2, A3, A4 courses for drivers carrying dangerous cargo.
- ADR M, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5 courses for safety specialists of cargo transportation by motor vehicles.
- Simulator training.
- Loader driver courses.
- Extra training courses for drivers having violated traffic regulations.
- Training about health hazards of alcohol and drugs.
Department of Healthcare Services and Rehabilitation
People seeking to acquire the qualification of masseur, hygiene cosmetics cosmetician, foot-care service provider, greenery maintainer, florist, and hotel worker study at the Department of Healthcare Services and Rehabilitation.
Students of the Department of Healthcare Services and Rehabilitation learn according to:
- Masseur training programme, dedicated for people having secondary education. Duration of training – 2 years.
- Foot-Care Service Provider training programme, dedicated for people having secondary education. Duration of training – 1.5 years.
- Hygiene Cosmetics Cosmetician training programme, dedicated for people having secondary education. Duration of training – 2 years.
- Masseur training programme, dedicated for people with visual disability and having secondary education. Duration of training – 2 years.
- Florist training programme, dedicated for people having primary, basic or secondary education. Duration of training – 3 years.
- Hotel Worker training programme, dedicated for people having primary, basic or secondary education. Duration of training – 3 years.
- Greenery Maintainer training programme, dedicated for people with special educational needs and having primary, basic or secondary education. Duration of training – 3 years.
Students are welcome to participate in a non-formal education activity: sports (“Movement is the Power”), artistic expression, profession, technical creation (“Art Therapy”, “Creative blooming”, “Vocal Ensemble”, “Employment of Applied Kinesiology Elements in Masseur’s Practise”, “Contemporary Etiquette”).
In the last course students of the Department of Healthcare Services and Rehabilitation having performed final practise, and Masseur and Foot-Care Service Provider training programme students having passed state examinations, finish training. Students having finished vocational training programmes receive Vocational Training Diplomas.
Learning at the Department of Healthcare Services and Rehabilitation is acceptable for students wishing to learn in modern practical and theoretical training classes (auditoriums). We have modern training equipment and tools there and professional specialists and educators with fair practical experience work with students.
Oneness of the Department of Healthcare Services and Rehabilitation is that we work with students having special educational needs. In order to provide a holistic education for these students there is a team of following specialists gathered: psychologist, social pedagogue and vocational training teachers. They work together to help students integrate socially and psychologically in the community, as well as acquire profession and qualification.
Not only initial vocational training is performed in the Department of Healthcare Services and Rehabilitation, but also vocational rehabilitation is carried out, when the aim is to help the person integrate socially into the labour market, restore or acquire new skills. The work is carried out with people who have visual, hearing, psychic, and physical disabilities. The team of specialists is working in the vocational rehabilitation programme. They are social worker, psychologist, kinesiotherapist, ergotherapist, physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor, psychiatrist (when needed), surdopedagogue (when needed), and tiflopeadgogue (when needed).
Sectorial Practical Training Centre
One can choose vehicle driving ability and skill improvement classes on wet skid pan. In a modern autodrome with the help of special equipment favourable conditions are created to practice driving on a paving that imitates real ice even in the middle of summer. There are two routes equipped for the improvement of skid control skills. In one of them before the vehicle touches the slippery surface it is pushed sideways with a special panel forcing it to loose stability. Then the driver/student tries to get the car back into the normal trajectory at the same time having to tour round the water obstacles that rise from the surface of the pavement. Thus the driver has an opportunity to develop skills needed for driving under difficult traffic conditions safely, which might help avoiding accidents in the future. The second route is installed on a 6% slope. Here the driver driving down the slope and seeing a water obstacle has to tour round it and safely make a turn. The perception of choosing a safe speed is developed. The driver can realistically evaluate the danger that lurks on the turning when the technical potential of the car is not evaluated. Besides skid pans there are large yards installed for driver training. Here A, A1, A2, B, BE, C, C1, CE, D1, D, DE driving category practical training is performed.