Information about departments
Department of Construction and Business
Klaipėda Vocational Training Centre of Ernestas Galvanauskas opens great opportunities for those seeking the acquisition of promising and marketable specialities in the labour market:
- Furniture Maker
- Building finishers
- Motor vehicle driver for goods transporting
- Computer design operator
- Assistant of painter – plasterer
Department of Continuous Vocational Training
Continuing vocational training is an opportunity to create value and pursue a career.
Considering the needs of employers and students continuous vocational training is performed constantly in the centre.
There are possibilities for students to combine work and studies. They can study in the form of apprenticeship at their own place of work and receive qualification and competences needed.
There is an opportunity to (self-) assess non-formal and informal learning competencies by submitting documents of practical work experience and thus acquire a qualification / competence;
There is an option in some curricula to study remotely (theoretical part).
You can acquire:
- professional qualifications;
- additional professional qualifications;
- competences needed for the performance of a certain job or function.
Practical training is performed in the training centre and in the workplace.
Students aiming basic education in the first and second classes of the gymnasium study the subjects of the basic and secondary education program: Lithuanian language and literature, mathematics, chemistry, physics, history, geography, foreign languages, general physical education, ethics and the selected vocational training program module. Students having passed the test of basic education achievements and successfully finished the 2nd grade of the Gymnasium receive the Certificate of Basic Education.
Students seeking a vocational and secondary education study the subjects of the basic and secondary education program in the III, IV gymnasium’s classes: lithuanian language and literature, mathematics, chemistry, physics, history, geography, foreign languages, general physical education, ethics and profession. Having passed school/state exams and successfully finished 3rd and 4th grade programmes of the Gymnasium students acquire secondary education and receive a General Certificate of Secondary Education.
During the third year of study students are taught only those subjects that are related to the chosen profession, they acquire practical skills in various companies of Klaipėda city, Republic or foreign companies, pass personal competence evaluation exams and acquire a vocational diploma.
Learning at the Gymnasium Department of our training centre is acceptable for those students who have a clear aim in their life to acquire a specific profession and continue their studies in colleges.
Transport department offers:
- All category driver training: A, B, BE, C, CE, D and skills development, code 95 professional driver training.
- ADR A1, A2, A3, A4 courses for drivers carrying dangerous cargo.
- ADR M, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5 courses for safety specialists of cargo transportation by motor vehicles.
- Simulator training (in autodrome).
- Loader driver courses.
- Training of loading crane (hydraulic manipulator) operators
- Extra training courses for drivers having violated traffic regulations.
- Compulsory training program on the effects of alcohol, drugs and psychotropic or other psychoactive substances on human health.
Department of Healthcare Services and Rehabilitation
The Department of Healthcare Services and Rehabilitation implements several areas of activity – initial training, vocational training of students with special educational needs, and vocational rehabilitation.
Students in the Health Care Services and Rehabilitation Department can study according to:
- Masseur training programme, dedicated for people having secondary education. Duration of training – 2 years.
- Masseur training programme, dedicated for people having secondary education and a qualification. Duration of training – 1.5 years.
- Nursing assistants training programme, dedicated for people having secondary education. Duration of training – 1 year.
- Nursing assistants training programme, dedicated for people having secondary education and a qualification. Duration of training – 9 months.
- Paramedic training programme, dedicated for people having secondary education. Duration of training – 2 years.
- Nursing assistants training programme, dedicated for people having secondary education and a qualification. Duration of training – 1.5 years.
- Chef’s training programme, dedicated for people having secondary education. Duration of training – 3 years.
- Chef’s training programme, dedicated for people having secondary education and a qualification. Duration of training – 1 year.
The uniqueness of the Department of Healthcare Services and Rehabilitation is that we work with students having special educational needs. Psychologist, social pedagogue, teaching assistant and vocational teachers and vocational training teachers provides assistance to students in their studies.
A vocational rehabilitation program for people with disabilities runs in the Department of Healthcare Services and Rehabilitation. The aim is to help the person restore or develop new skills that are needed for choosing a new vocational qualification and integrating into the labor market. The work is carried out with people who have visual, hearing, psychic, and physical disabilities. Social worker, psychologist, kinesiotherapist, ergotherapist, physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor, psychiatrist (when needed), surdopedagogue (when needed), and tiflopeadgogue (when needed) provide services.
Students having successfully finished vocational training programmes receive Vocational Training Diplomas.
Sectorial Practical Training Centre
One can choose vehicle driving ability and skill improvement classes on wet skid pan. In a modern autodrome with the help of special equipment favourable conditions are created to practice driving on a paving that imitates real ice even in the middle of summer. There are two routes equipped for the improvement of skid control skills. In one of them before the vehicle touches the slippery surface it is pushed sideways with a special panel forcing it to loose stability. Then the driver/student tries to get the car back into the normal trajectory at the same time having to tour round the water obstacles that rise from the surface of the pavement. Thus the driver has an opportunity to develop skills needed for driving under difficult traffic conditions safely, which might help avoiding accidents in the future. The second route is installed on a 6% slope. Here the driver driving down the slope and seeing a water obstacle has to tour round it and safely make a turn. The perception of choosing a safe speed is developed. The driver can realistically evaluate the danger that lurks on the turning when the technical potential of the car is not evaluated. Besides skid pans there are large yards installed for driver training. Here A, B, BE, C, CE, D, driving category practical training is performed.